Photo by me of my writing

Chinese is a very hard language to learn. But with our teacher Guo Lao Shi, it is a very amazing learning experience. During all of the hard work we’ve done we have lots of fun. We are very proud of all the work we have done this year!

One big part about the Chinese language is the characters. When learning characters, you have to follow a very specific stroke order. Characters are very specific and very challenging to master, but when we work hard it all pays off.  When writing Chinese characters in a traditional form, we use brushes and ink to make calligraphy. When doing calligraphy you have to be super careful by holding the brush right and getting the perfect amount of ink and water. This skill is very challenging to do because when you mess up a little bit the whole character is ruined and have to do the steps all over again perfectly.

One of my favorite things about Chinese class is that we don’t just learn they characters, we learn culture too. Last year, we did a dragon dance and we got to perform it in front of the school. This year we are doing a super fun surprise this year but we will not give it away. During Chinese class we made many delicious foods like dumplings, ice cream, and spicy Ramen. 

In our Chinese class we have tests and quizzes very frequently. At the beginning of this year we had a whole review lesion test with about 50-60 words. Then more in the middle of the year we started to have tests on characters and speaking. 我喜欢吃苹果。That means I like eating apples.

Thank you so much for reading our blog. We are very proud of all the work we have 

done this year!

• Sabrina 尹飒娜, Eloise 马爱璐, and Emma 林爱玛